Middle East’s premier event for design and engineering professionals to learn new technologies, connect with industry peers and enhance industry skills
UAE, November 27th, 2014 – Omnix International, the leading distributor of Autodesk design software in the UAE, announced that it is set to host the third edition of Autodesk University Extension (AUx) Dubai 2014, the Middle East region’s premier learning and networking event for design and engineering professionals. Promising professionals an experience to “Learn, Connect, Explore,” this full-day interactive conference and exhibition will be held on December 17, 2014 at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) and expects to attract over 600 design and engineering professionals from the entire GCC region.
AUx Dubai is part of ‘Autodesk University’, an annual series of Autodesk in-person and virtual user conferences that has already enjoyed two decades of success in the US. Brazil, Russia, Germany, India, Indonesia, Australia are some other regions that get to host an Autodesk University or an Autodesk University Extension annually. The event will feature futuristic 3D Design technologies, engaging training sessions and showcase of innovative projects and will also offer professionals the opportunity to network with international experts and peers from the industry.
This year, AUx Dubai will see participation from industry experts, thought leaders and innovators from the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC), Manufacturing and Media and Entertainment (M&E) industries from across the Middle East. In addition, AUx Dubai will also offer the opportunity for industry professionals to validate their skills by obtaining free Autodesk Certifications at the event on Autodesk’s range of 3D Design software like Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Autodesk® AutoCAD Civil 3D®, AutoCAD®, Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Inventor® Professional. There will also be industry focused workshops on newer technologies, hands-on lad sessions and partner exhibits on the day of the event.
From captivating AU Extension Dubai keynote speakers to knowledgeable class instructors, AU Extension Dubai conference feature speakers who are experts in their industries and include,
- Jon Pittman, Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Autodesk, Inc.
- Lynn Allen, Cadalyst Columnist and Autodesk Technical Evangelist, Autodesk
- Robert Green, Owner, Robert Green Consulting
- Gerry McFadden, BIM Manager, WSP Group
- Alex Horst, Product Specialist, Autodesk
- Tony Archibold, Design Director, Bluehaus Group
- Dave Evans, Technical Specialist, Autodesk
- Ayman Nicola, Technical Sales Lead Engineer, Autodesk
Participants will be able to choose from numerous industry sessions covering a wide range of interesting topics and subjects which include among others sessions on
- Tips & Tricks in using the new AutoCAD® 2015 the latest version of the world’s top drafting and architectural software
- Training session on Autodesk® BIM for infrastructure that would focus on how Autodesk BIM solutions help you plan, design, build and manage an infrastructure project from start to finish
- Session on how to simplify your designs while gaining hands on experience with the Free Form Modeling resource in the Autodesk Inventor® software
- Session on industry leading 3ds Max® 3D modeling software and how it helps accelerate performance, streamline workflows and help increase overall productivity
Registration for AUx Dubai 2014 is now open at: AUx Dubai
Commenting on the 3rd edition of AUx Dubai, Louay Dahmash, Head of Autodesk Middle East, said, “Autodesk University extension offers design and engineering professionals from Middle East the unique opportunity to learn about latest industry developments, hone their skills on Autodesk’s industry leading 3D Design software and network with leading international experts. We are delighted to offer this unique platform to the region’s design ecosystem to ‘learn, connect and explore’ which would accelerate adoption of new technologies and improve user productivity as well.”
Dr. Jayant Deshpande, Director – CAE Division, Omnix International, said, “Omnix International is proud to host the third edition of Autodesk University Extension Dubai, which has become a ‘must-see, must attend’ event for the region’s design professionals. This event takes the focus on professionals who are serious about creating—how to come up with world-class, fully efficient and highly durable designs, drawings and the like that will be benchmarks for architecture, interior design and multimedia. The event proves to be very timely and strategic as the region is currently seeing a large influx of construction and development projects wherein companies are looking at Autodesk to gain competitive advantages and meet customer demands. To address this challenge, Autodesk University Extension acts as a cost-effective venue to receive advanced training, certification, learning about important trends in the industry and networking to meet potential clients and collaborators.