More than 1000 top design, engineering professionals, and students to attend 3rdedition of AUx Dubai, one of Middle East’s premier learning and networking event
Dubai, UAE, December 17th, 2014 – The third edition of Autodesk University Extension (AUx) Dubai 2014, the Middle East region’s premier learning and networking event for design and engineering professionals, is set to open today at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC)–with the hope of attracting more than 1,000 participants from all over the terrain. Organized by Omnix International, a leading distributor of Autodesk design software in the UAE, this year’s edition promise participants a full day worth of interactive workshops, demonstrations, sessions and an exhibition, which is being held under the theme, ‘Learn, Connect, Explore.’ AUx Dubai 2014 has received enthusiastic response from the industry with top IT brands like Lenovo (Platinum); HP (Gold), Canon (Gold); Dell, NVIDIA, and AGA CAD (Silver) endorsing the event.
Sessions to be held today include showcase of futuristic 3D Design technologies, engaging training sessions and projects done using 3D Design Technologies. It will also offer professionals the opportunity to network with international experts and peers across the industry. In addition, AUx Dubai will also provide opportunity to industry professionals and students to validate their skills by obtaining free Autodesk Certifications at the event on Autodesk’s key range of 3D Design software like Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Autodesk® AutoCAD Civil 3D®, AutoCAD®, Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Inventor® Professional.
“We are delighted to bring you the third edition of Autodesk University Extension Dubai,” said Louay Dahmash, Head, Autodesk Middle East. “AUx Dubai will help design and engineering professionals to learn new technologies, deepen their industry connect and enhance their skills and boost the creative economy in the region. We are happy at the enthusiastic response from the industry and look forward to an increased number of attendees at this year’s event.”
Jon Pittman, Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Autodesk Inc. giving the key note address at ‘Autodesk University Extension Dubai 2014’
Today’s sessions will feature talks and presentations from some of the world’s leading design experts and professionals including,
- Jon Pittman, Vice President, Corporate Strategy, Autodesk, Inc.
- Lynn Allen, Cadalyst Columnist and Autodesk Technical Evangelist, Autodesk
- Robert Green, Owner, Robert Green Consulting
- Gerry McFadden, BIM Manager, WSP Group
- Alex Horst, Product Specialist, Autodesk
- Tony Archibold, Design Director, Bluehaus Group
- Dave Evans, Technical Specialist, Autodesk
- Ayman Nicola, Technical Sales Lead Engineer, Autodesk
Participants will be able to choose from numerous industry sessions covering a wide range of interesting topics and subjects which among others includes:
- Tips & Tricks in using the new AutoCAD® 2015 the latest version of the world’s top drafting and architectural software
- Training session on Autodesk® BIM for infrastructure that would focus on how Autodesk BIM solutions help you plan, design, build and manage an infrastructure project from start to finish
- Session on how to simplify your designs while gaining hands on experience with the Free Form Modeling resource in the Autodesk Inventor® software
- Session on industry leading 3ds Max® 3D modeling software and how it helps accelerate performance, streamline workflows and help increase overall productivity
“AUx Dubai 2014 could not have come at a better time–as the Middle East region is currently witnessing a large influx of construction and development projects wherein companies are looking at Autodesk and its diverse range of software to gain competitive advantages and meet customer demands. Aiming to address these demands, AUx Dubai 2014 has positioned itself as a cost-effective venue to receive advanced training, certification, learnings on important industry trends and networking to meet potential clients and collaborators,” concluded Dr Jayant Deshpande, Director – CAE Division, Omnix International.
Autodesk helps people imagine, design and create a better world. Everyone—from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists—uses Autodesk software to unlock their creativity and solve important challenges. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Inventor, Navisworks, AutoCAD Civil 3D Revit and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Autodesk is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.